Monday, October 12, 2009

incredible journeys

Yesterday and the day before, I helped for the fourth time at a 100-mile foot race with a 30-hour time limit. I witnessed again the preparation, the anticipation, the agony, the triumph, the pain and the fatigue. For every runner, the journey was incredible. Thirty hours in official conditions only marked a place near the end of each journey. For the first time, I began to believe that I can do this. I began to want to do this.

So, step one:
Stop fooling myself. This only can be done with the daily resolve to achieve the goal with steady work to build up the miles, to change my diet, to change my thinking of how difficult goals are reached.
Two years. One hundred miles. The first foot step will be tomorrow morning.
The first step is now, deciding to do it.
From here to there, from now until that day, there will be thousands of steps and hundreds of miles. I will complete at least three courses of marathon length or longer. Who knows, really? I don't.
Step one. Condition one: 186 lbs That's too much for the planned journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment